The National Math Foundation
The goal of the Summer Institute is to provide common core and module-aligned training and materials for teachers/schools in movement-based learning strategies in order to boost student achievement, increase physical activity, reduce obesity, and increase the overall health of students.
Target Audience: For teachers, educational support professionals, physical education, and special education teachers for Pre-K through grade 5.
What will you learn?
- Why exercise increases learning.
- How to use Math & Movement to help students meet the Common Core State Standards and increase test scores.
- Easy-to-apply and powerful techniques for extra math practice and brain breaks.
- How to train your students to develop their own Math & Movement exercises.
- Math & Movement exercises including the Nines Twist and Sailboat Sway.
- Methods for documenting the effectiveness of these strategies.
- How to access grant opportunities.
- What the National Math Foundation is and how it can help you meet your goals!
All teachers who attend will receive the following:
(the value of the books exceeds $300):
What teachers are saying:
2017 National Math Foundation Summer Institute
Oswego, NY August 7-10
2 Days: Aug 7-8 $295 Tuition/books + $50 registration fee = $345
4 Days: Aug 7-10 $495 Tuition/books + $50 registration fee = $545
4-Day School Age Youth Program = $75 (for the week)